Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Baby Blues...


It's a teary day for us. Rosalyn's daughter...Susan...who will turn 19 in March...delivered her baby boy shortly after midnight this morning. [22 weeks...preterm labor since Sunday]
He lived only a few minutes, but Susan held him in her arms and has now entered into the fearless legion of mothers that will raise children in the millennium.
So, I am officially a great-grandmother today!
Why then does my heart hurt so badly?

Susan very recently had made her selection and chose the adoptive family
for her baby. So now, they too, are mourning the loss of their dream. It was a
couple somewhere in Utah....the dad a lawyer and the mom an architect.
Both infertile...and they were so excited to get Sue's baby.
This is a very tender story.
Natalie, the adoptive Mom, is traveling to Mesa to be with the family at the burial service.

I hear the Relief Society has gone into Rosalyn's home today and cleaned,
painted and rearranged Sue's bedroom so that when she comes home from the
hospital she will have something fresh and comforting to greet her.

There will be a burial...I don't know when yet. Susan just last week
picked out some fabric to make a quilt for her boy, to wrap him in when he was
placed into the adoptive family. Now the quilt is being made by family members and
will snuggle the little guy for burial.

I am feeling so far away...

1 comment:

  1. Kim told me and I've been keeping your family in my prayers. Sending lots of love your way.

    ReplyDelete