Sunday, February 5, 2012

Goodby, Elder Butler

Elder Butler welcomed us to Richlands Branch when we arrived almost four months ago.
He was our District leader and became a good friend that will always be a part of us.
I think it was his humility and personal connection to the scriptures that made him so special.
(Or was it that he loved to play Scrabble with us on P-Day?!?)
Either way, he is gone now...transferred to Clarksburg, WV to be a zone leader.
Elder Butler will not be forgotten in Richlands Branch.
This is Andrew...who lives on top of Keen mountain.
In the center of his living room is his coal burning stove.
Needless to say, our visits with him are warm and friendly.

On our way to Andy's house on Keen Mountain.
I am in awe of all the log cabins...and old barns...and try to listen for the stories they could tell.
Guess I'm still a country girl at heart.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard lots about Elder Butler..all of it good! I know he will be missed..

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing I love about the south is seeing all those old barns in the countryside. :)

    ReplyDelete